Update – 5/20/20
GHSF Virtual Tournament #1 – Lake Lanier
LAKE LANIER TOURNAMENT – MAY 31, 2020 – Presented by Hammond’s Fishing Center
– UNOFFICIAL EVENT –
- Tournament – Sunday, May 31st, 2020
- Entry fee – $40
- Mandatory Orientation Meeting – Saturday, May 30th, 2020 – Hammond’s Fishing Center
- All teams must fill out the registration form to register. – REGISTER HERE
- Check in – At selected boat ramps 5:45 AM-6:45 AM Sunday May 31st.
- Boats can leave the ramp area – 6:30 AM
- Lines in – 6:45 AM
- Lines out – 2:00 PM
- All boats must return to their selected ramp by 2:30 PM to turn in their scale and check in.
- There will not be a weigh in event
- Top 7 teams will receive prizes – They will be picked up at Hammond’s by 4:00 PM Sunday, May 31st.
- 60 Boat maximum – Registration will be on a first come, first serve basis. Senior anglers will have a priority registration period. Teams with at least one 12th grade angler can register between 9:00 AM Thursday, May 21st, and Sunday,May 24th. All grade levels can register after 9:00 AM on Monday, May 25th.
- If you register prior to Monday, May 25th and do not have at least one senior angler your registration will be deleted without notice.
- This is not an Official School event, you can fish with any current GHSF member from any school.
- If you have prepaid for a GHSF tournament that was canceled you can use that credit to pay the entry fee for this event.
Mandatory Orientation Meeting – Saturday, May 30th 4:00 – 7:00 PM – You must register at your assigned time. – Social Distancing guidelines will be enforced.
- Boat numbers 1-10 – 4:00 PM
- Boat numbers 11-20 – 4:30 PM
- Boat numbers 21-30 – 5:00 PM
- Boat numbers 31-40 – 5:30 PM
- Boat numbers 41-50 – 6:00 PM
- Boat numbers 51-60 – 6:30 PM
- Ramps – You must go through a safety and live well check at one of these boat ramps. This process will begin at 5:45 and end at 6:45.
- You must put in and pull out at that ramp.
- A GHSF representative will be there to provide the checks and distribute and collect scales.
- Ramp options:
- Young Deer
- War Hill
- Vanns Tavern
- Laurel Park
- All GHSF rules will apply except for the adjustments we have made for the virtual format. These are some highlights. Be sure to read all rules here. Violation of any of these rules will result in a disqualification.
- Boat captains must drive the combustion engine at all times. Life jackets and kill switches must be worn anytime the combustion engine is running.
- Boat captains must be 19 or older and may not have attended High School in the 2019-20 school year. Boat captains can not touch a rod for any reason other than to create a safer environment in the boat.
- No casting before 6:45. Boats can not leave the boat ramp area till 6:30.
- All fish catches must be videoed – The video must include – zeroing the scale, the weight locking in, and the fish release- in one video. This video will then be uploaded into the application.
- You are allowed to keep up to 2 fish in your livewell for no more than 15 mins. This is only to be used so you can move the boat to a location with cell service.
- Best 5 fish limit. – A fish must weigh at least 1 pound to count.
- Lines out – 2:00 – No entry or videos after 2:00.
- All fish must be caught in a sportsmanlike manner.
You must watch all 3 videos. Prior to registration.